Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Post 26: A Route 66 Service Station


   I wanted to go ahead and build the set for the snakes animation, so yesterday morning, I started to work of the idea of a decaying sequence leading to an abandoned building with a darker run down facade with broken windows through which snakes could weave, but with window frames still in place for the snakes to have support when I very slowly inch them in and out of openings to shoot the stop motion sequence. 
  But somehow, things took a different turn, and I ended up with a funky Service Station on Route 66, with vintage enameled signs covering the facade, and an old Model T parked inside(a picture I shot on Route 66 couple of summers ago). 
   That's not exactly whatI was shooting for, but I am pleased with the picture, and it will be a good addition to the Time Travel sequence as part of the beginning "decay". I will get back to that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment