Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Post 12: Slow Progress at D-72

      Well, I have been working on making folders available for difference sequences for eventual collaborators, but nothing has happened so far, because I work with the latest version of Adobe After  Effects CS5, and the UAB After Effects class still uses and outdated CS3, because of "budget constraints". Honestly, I find that preposterous, and borderline unethical on the part of UAB to teach hard working and hard paying students a version twice removed from the current one, even if it is on brand new iMacs... 
Anyhow, because of those "budget constraints", nobody there has been able to open my CS5 files and even look at them... So I am still on my own. But there is hope to get CS5 on at least one machine soon...
   As I have been working, new ideas have been popping up that I like a lot, and really want to put in the show. That is what I call the "TRANSFORMATIONS", whereby the building becomes something else based on the same architectural lines.
  I have gotten a larger paying version of DROPBOX to fit all the files, but there seems to be a problem at the other end retrieving them with the basic free version. So I am in the process of loading them to my Mobile Me Public Folder,from which anybody can download them to play with them. It is not as fast nor as convenient as DROPBOX as far as going back and forth, but is workable. Just remember to load back a folder on which you have worked with your name appended to it and a version number so we can keep track of who is doing what and of the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment