Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Post 15: Third "Transformation" as an " Empire Bronze Mantel Clock"



   This time, the basic structure was colored a "bronze doré" shade, and I used brass textures to smooth it out. The pediment this time comes from the facade of the "Pantheon" in Paris, where Napoleon rests among famous French Heros.
  The dial, pendulum, gear, pulls balls and moon dial came from various clocks I collected pictures of for my ongoing "Clock Project"
   The weights are my favorite symbolic plumb lines, and run up and down on little brass pulleys as the clock ticks or rings. A lot is going to happen when this is finished: the pendulum swings, the hands turn, the bell ring, the weights move, the gear turn, a hand is going to wind it up with a key, all with appropriate sound effects. I would like "cuckoos" to come out of the holes and sing, and the bottom set of gear could possibly give way to an animated set of rotating figures as in astronomical clocks, , or a bell and hammer, etc...
      Here too, I have made a very very rough quick test, that unfortunately also plays sideways


   If it doesn't play, you can find 2 different size movies in my Dropbox:
          030CLOCK-TEST1-SMALL
                      030CLOCK-TEST1-BIG


No comments:

Post a Comment