Saturday, January 1, 2011

Post 8: Finding help

      I have exactly three and a half months to deliver the show, and even though it seems a long time if I work on it full time, I know I need help to deliver the best animation. Todd and I made a presentation to the After Effects class at UAB the last day of the term, and are schedule to give another to the more advanced class on Thursday, hoping to recruit volunteers to do some of the computer animation for me. In exchange, we are offering them to share the projector and do their very own show on the same building. It seems like a win win situation to me: I can do a longer show, the public gets two shows instead of one, the students get real world practice on something new and exciting, and build their resume. The teacher is with us, and although the first group didn't seem too interested, I am hopeful the next one starting their term will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment