Saturday, August 4, 2012

Post 50: Brainstorming session with Christophe and Liesa

  Christophe is temporarily back in town, and came this afternoon to help me make an adjustable bracket to hang the projector from the top of the test half dome my godchild Charles built out of 1" PVC pipe just outside the door in my back patio:


The top plywood assembling plate is attached to the door frame for stability:


 We are going to attach the 1/4 sphere surveillance mirror to it, and hang a threaded rod from the center to mount the projector vertically using this 3 way adjustable aluminum bracket I designed and that Christophe helped me make( I am still stuck in a wheelchair):
It rained, we ran out of time, and we had to postpone the test till Tuesday.
  I asked him if he would be interested in taking on a "Point of Light", for example lighting up Spencer Hall, and he is. So that's great, and I am happy to have him on board.
  Liesa Cole came by with her partner and computer whiz Tony Rodio to talk about about doing their own "Point of light", possibly in 3D. We all brainstormed like crazy over dinner, and they seemed actually more intrigued with the idea of a projection on water mist:

  We had a really good brainstorming session with her, as she kept spewing new ideas... We are thinking of possibly spraying the water down from an arch lined with soaker hoses instead of up from a pool. It just now occurs to me writing this that we could also possibly make an arch above a shallow pool (black plastic tarp over a 2 x 4 frame) with several black PVC pipes pricked with lots of tiny needle holes (using a hot needle) shooting down at slightly different angles. It should create a pretty nice wall of mist to project on, would be cheap to make, and more stable if there is a breeze. We could rent a big electric pump to recirculate the water.
  Whatever Liesa and Tony decide to do, I think I've got them on board too.

No comments:

Post a Comment