Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Post 40: The Test

  The only way to know just how many lumens we need was to do a test and see for myself. I have a 2500 lumens projector, and Alys Stephens Center has a 5000 lumens projector, so I picked a roughly 260 sq.ft area at the bottom of the building, onto which my projector would be appear roughly the equivalent of 40,000 lumens for the whole building, and their projector the equivalent of 80,000 lumens:




   I built 2X4 frames to fit in the niches on which I stretched 120" wide quilt backing muslin, one bleached, one natural:




 I made a short animated presentation animation with a variety of colors and brightnesses, and tested it last week:
      Alys Stephens Center Mini Test Show
 I seemed obvious we needed the bigger projector, which confirmed my estimation of about 80,000 lumens.

No comments:

Post a Comment