Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Post 37: A Trip to the "Festival of Lights" in Lyon, France next December



     I happen to have family in Lyon, and I remember the "8 Décembre" since my days as an engineering  student there from 1963 to 1967. It was not much back then, except candles in the windows and a few illuminations. I have not attended it since, but I will be there this December 8-11. It has become the premier Architectural Mapping Projection showcase in the world, with fabulous shows on all the main public buildings and churches all over town. It now last 4 nights, and is called the "Fête des Lumières". Architectural Projection is only part of it actually, there are many other types of light shows and luminous Art also, and I am expecting to learn a lot there. I have found a number of often low quality hand held amateur videos of previous years shows on the Internet, so it will be nice to shoot my own with a tripod this time.
Here are some examples of what I have found:
 Example 1      Example 2      Example 3
        Example 4      Example 5

No comments:

Post a Comment