Monday, December 27, 2010

Post 3: My Concept

  I am an Artist, a photographer and a painter, and I like real images that tell a story or evoke feelings, so I will leave the light effects for computer experts, and do something that looks more like reality, only the kind of bizarre and surrealistic "reality" that is all mine… I have thousands of pictures in my digital library, and tons of weird stuff I collected over the years.
  I have seen a good few bad amateur videos of the European shows, and they are very impressive. I like the buildings collapsing to rubble, changing shape, moving around, being filled with water, stuff happening in the windows, the interiors revealed, the fires, the steampunk gears and wheels turning, the hands doing things. But this is a first try, and I am well aware that I am as usual biting more than I can chew at the moment… That is the way I function, I have to stretch my limits… The Festival takes place in a limited area downtown Birmingham, on 2 blocks of Second Avenue North, and the choice of adequate buildings was rather limited. No grand columned public building there to get me in trouble thank god! Mostly two floor narrow buildings that can be covered by a single projector mounted vertically. I picked the one I thought the best for my purpose, sort of a light colored stucco "Federal/Art Deco" facade with fluted columns and round vents along the top cornice:


 I shot some pictures of it, and made arrangements with the public works department to trim some branches that were in the way of the projection from the second floor window of the furniture store across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment